5.19.2007

would you...


buy this house? it's located about four blocks from ours...i pass it almost every day. they're asking $700,000 for this 85 year-old brick bungalow...3 bed/2 bath...2300 square feet...2 car garage...and a lot that's twice the size of ours. looks like new windows...new wood floors and cabinets too. did i also mention the beautiful landscaping? talk about curb appeal. and there's a HOT TUB!!!


a charming home...maybe a bit overpriced...but would you consider it if money was no issue? after all, it's right along 7th avenue...wide parkway...mature trees...close to congress park/botanic gardens...an easy walk to cherry creek shopping center and just a few blocks from university hospital.

a prime location.


now, would you still buy it if i told you that the owner was murdered (shot in the head) and left in his bathtub? because that's exactly what happened last november.

any takers?

4 comments:

Nell said...

I WAS all over it. Now I'm totally creeped out and it's 4 in the morning. Thanks.

Jenn said...

The house is cute, but not my style and I wouldn't pay that kind of money for it... even if money wasn't an issue. The owner being murdered? Honestly, probably wouldn't bother me if I really wanted the house. However, I don't think Scott would go for it, things like that bother him more.

Drunkbunny said...

I love old houses but this one isn't my style. I like victorians, craftsmans, and tudor styles. It's too "ranch-y" for me, and I could get a lot more for $700,000 I'm sure, even in Denver.

I think that any house built before the 1940s is so old that odds are at least one person died in it (even children). So if you want a house that's guaranteed not to have a past, buy new. :)

The murder wouldn't bother me in the least. But I'd expect a discount on the house price.

Denman said...

The dead thing is no big deal. But goodness gracious.... 700K for that? Hell it's already all fixed up what kind of fun could a person have there? And like someone else said, for 700K I could buy a dozen busted houses here in the valley and make 'em all look nice.