5.22.2007

groan...

my sister is graduating from dental hygiene school this friday. after two years of nearly barricading herself in her home, she'll be able to clean yer teeth and make some really good money. i think she'll be a fine hygienist. she had been a dental assistant for 25 years before she decided to go back to school. and she's got some really steady hands that can do detailed work; she was once a concert violinist who also was a phenomenal artist.

i'm not groaning over having teeth cleaned either. i haven't had a cavity in 5+ years. in fact, i just got 'em done about three weeks ago...

nope.

i'm groaning because of my niece. you remember, my sister's daughter who's coming in from florida for the graduation.

well, she apparently has made reservations at this place for a little graduation bash. not exactly one of my favorite places. the food is usually pretty lame and the service, atrocious. i've only been there a couple times in the last twenty years and neither meal is worth mentioning.

about the only things i like about the place are the hi-ball glasses that the italian sodas come in and the historic building in which it's located. i guess you go there for the ambience and "experience." after all, is it not the italian version of casa bonita...which, by the way, i have been able to avoid my entire life ;)


i just wish we could all go to the attivo just around the corner from my sister's house. who cares if it's in a strip mall next to a dingy 7-11...they've got killer pizza and pasta sauces. oh well, i guess as long as friday is unforgettable for my sister, that's all that matters.

maybe in my oldspaghettifactory rant, i'll have a couple extra italian sodas. yeah, i'll start off w/ cherry...segue into blackberry...and move on to orange afterwards. i wonder if those mysterious neon colored syrups would make technicolor pee?

now, THAT would be memorable...

3 comments:

Jenn said...

We ate at an Old Spaghetti Factory in Whistler and oh wow, the food was really, really bad. I didn't think it was possible to make food with litterally NO flavor! And, oddly enough, the service up there was really bad too. Surprising since there was litterally 3 tables of people in the entire place. I hadn't been to an OSF since I was a little kid, so I didn't remember what it was like, but I can say we'll never be going back again.

Anonymous said...

I am sooo dragging you to Casa Bonita.

Spencer said...

i think drag is gonna have to be the operative word there ;)