7.26.2007

the wait...


is over but i don't think i'm ready yet. another weight has entered the picture though.

i've been back at work for a week now. and it hasn't been too bad. lois drives me up to the back door and even opens them for me...and the elevator is a cinch. however, getting in the office is kind of awkward since the door opens up to the left. it's a bit of a struggle to push the lever down and the door ajar while i'm jostling to gain position before it whacks my leg, wedges me into the jamb, or knocks me off the crutches.

talk about wide-eyed panic.

well, no more. as of today, i have been cleared to put some weight on the left leg. thing is, it kinda freaks me out. i've finally grown accustomed to the orthopedic boot (although i'm at wit's end), which is even comfortable now. just putting a little weight on it is strange, not because it has been 5 weeks...but because of the angle of the ankle. the way my leg is positioned in the boot makes for more of a goose step w/ a nutcracker flair. do you know what i mean? if i'm not careful, that added three pounds of momentum will send me RIGHT (or left?) into a wall.



guess it's better than two steps back...and it'll be awhile before i can jump to the left ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're making progress! :)

Email me if you need th mp3 version of the Time Warp.