7.16.2007

i hope...

you're not eating right now because i've finally downloaded some pics. don't say i didn't warn ya!

this is a pic taken a few days after the surgery. i love reading the sunday paper...but without the lower left leg adornment. so this is what it feels like to recuperate from a double break and totally detached ligaments. hmmm...where's my worst enemy? i've got some wishes!

got a visitor. sophie's only nice because i save scraps of meat off my plate to help fill her belly, which could double as a sausage casing. she's returning a favor; i spent a week w/ her on the loveseat when she first entered this home, all skinny and coughing. now i'm the pathetic one ;)

the area right beneath my kneecap to my toes is a technicolor bruise. this is the side of the ankle that had to have the ligaments reattached. the pain was pretty sharp for a couple days, but it has been a non-issue for a couple weeks now. next step is to remove the tape covering the stitches...ewww!

of course, this is the star of the show. you get a good idea of how long the plate is and its six screws. the pain has hovered between 2-3 for awhile. i'm just wondering when it's all gonna resemble a leg again so i can hassle everyone at the airport.


nothing like a side-by-side comparison! this is what the leg looks like after a long (and liberating) warm shower. i know i probably shouldn't have kept my leg down for so long but do you know how much dead skin came off? i had to scrub the sole three times...flake-o-rama!

4 comments:

J Alan Erwine said...

Yummy! Looks like a damn good time...

Anonymous said...

Impressive! You must have had a good surgeon, because my brother's ankle looked much worse after his three surgeries. And his surgeon sucked.

I'm so glad the surgery is behind you!

Sophie is adorable.

cb said...

When I saw that first photo all I could think of was..."bow chica bow bow..."

Now get thee to my blog and answer my poll question.

Jenn said...

Ow! Hope your leg is feeling better :)