2.15.2007

an unexpected...

valentine's day gift.

and it wasn't from lois. i just checked my email and nearly jumped out of my seat. one of the messages was from someone whom i haven't heard from in seventeen years. this person, who lives 5000 miles away, played volleyball with me in a couple leagues in 1988-89. she was one of three scandinavian gals who spent that year nannying for some wealthy families. apparently, she came across a meme that i posted in 2003 when she googled her name. i CANNOT believe she had the gumption to look for my email address and send me a note!

it was kind of awkward writing the reply though. i mean, where do you start after seventeen years? i'm still a bit freaked out about the whole thing because it was totally out of the blue. excuse the grin...but it really made my day.

No comments: